A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of “personally identifiable information” includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Website. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program promotion or some other aspect of our Website. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, address, email address, and phone number when registering with our Website, or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about yourself (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey, poll or joining a club; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Website. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
(2) Non-Personal Information: Our definition of “non-personal information” is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS, etc.), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, NetZero, etc.), the search terms you use on our Website, the specific web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.B.
HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your requests, to respond to your inquiries, to better serve you, or in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information for our services, to communicate with you about content or other information you have posted or shared with us via our Website. We will not share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
(2) Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our Affiliated Companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that such information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.C.
OTHER USES & INFORMATION
(3) Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to services you have contracted with us (e.g., services updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other promotions and services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, you can agree to receive some communications but not others. You may "opt out" of receiving future commercial email communications from us by following the instructions at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below; provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
(4) Your California Privacy Rights: Residents of the State of California have the right to request from certain business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship a list of all third parties to which the business, during the immediately preceding calendar year, has disclosed certain personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. To obtain this information you should send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights Requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.